Waves Motion Graphics "Modifier" | Blender | Geometry Nodes
This product contains one .blend file ready to be loaded into Blender and adjusted to your liking.
Check the README that is bundled into the .blend file to get an overview on how to use it.
Some of the adjustments:
- Switch out the texture that is driving the displacement and rotation effect
- Offset texture sample position, as well as instance rotation and scale manually
- Use random scale and rotation and snap the rotation to specific angles
- Setup is prepared for up to seven objects that will be instanced, but the Geometry Nodes nodegroup can be duplicated as often as you want. The new duplicated nodegroup just needs to be linked up to the existing in-/outputs
What you need:
Blender 2.93 (download)
You will also find a python render script included in the blend file. Use it in case the regular way of rendering (CTRL+F12) an animation in Blender fails!
Thank you for your support and happy blending!
PS: For everyone wondering why it is a "modifier" at the moment! Even though it would technically already be possible to expose every setting in Blenders modifier stack, the UI is just not ready for this and it becomes an absolute nightmare to work with as an end user. I will of course update this file once this feature has gotten some developer love, which I'm sure will happen eventually :).
1.1 - Tested functionality with final Blender 2.93 version, fixed constraint of empty object that was broken, added new instance objects to play around with
1.0 - Initial alpha version
- One blend file with a "modifier" built upon the new Geometry Nodes functionality in Blender
- Size3.31 MB